Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twilantia! Wow!


On November 25th, 2012, I decided to publish Part One of my book, Twilantia: The making of a King through KDP Select.  After the publishing process was complete, I noticed some errors, fixed them and re-uploaded the book to Amazon.  Throughout the whole process, the book was selling.  I was amazed by how well the sales were going without having done any real promoting, having a printed version or advertising.  In fact, and truth be told here (after all, this is the internet and you can’t put anything on the internet that’s not true… *smirk. Love that commercial by State Farm*), the only promoting of any kind that has been done was through KDP’s Freebie Promotions and through a few posts on Facebook.
By the end of December, 2012 my book had sold 282 copies!  Almost 300 people had paid to read my book.  No, that doesn’t include those that downloaded the freebies either.  If the freebies where included in that number it would be a lot closer to 700 copies.  So, yes, I’m amazed that this has gone so well.  After all, this is the background story to a character I created for a role-playing game back in 1987 and have been expanding on ever since.
Twilantia: The making of a King - Part One

No comments:

Post a Comment